From our region's excellent workforce to our creative entrepreneurship, Fort Wayne-Allen County is one of the best locations to start or expand and relocate a business. Our economic climate is competitive and energetic. Our cost of doing business is favorable and our geographic location is in the heart of the Midwest—and is only a few hours' drive to a dozen large metropolitan areas.
When it comes to doing business, there's more to Fort Wayne-Allen County:
- We are known for being highly productive & loyal.
- We are home to the 5th largest Public University in the state and have 6 in total.
- In the 2009 Forbes "Best Places for Business and Careers" report, Fort Wayne was ranked 5th in cost of living and 12th in cost of doing business out of 200 Metropolitan areas.
Current Corporations headquartered in Allen County:
- Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company
- DeBrand Chocolatier
- Do it Best
- Home Reserve
- K&K Insurance Group
- Medical Protective
- North American Van Lines (SIRVA)
- OmniSource Corporation
- Rea Magnet Wire
- Scott's Food & Pharmacy
- STAR Financial Group
- Steel Dynamics
- Sweetwater Sound
- Triple Crown Services
- Vera Bradley
- WaterFurnace International
- Allen County is the largest county in terms of land (660 Square Miles) with access to railways and major highways
- Affordable real estate with same day access to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Louisville
- Tax Incentives
- Progressive tax reimbursement policies
- Shovel ready sites
- Dedicated resources to assist in your Permitting